Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello from a Super Cold Texas!

 My last post showed a few treats I bought for myself.  I have been stitching on the Bluebonnet Bouquet and I am almost down to the top layer of applique.  It has been so much fun to stitch and I really enjoy doing blanket stitch.  The background ticking fabric is soooooooo soft.  The wool felt is simply wonderful to work with.  I am really looking forward to the finished article.  I am wondering if I should make a pillow cover out of it or frame it to hang on the wall.  At the moment I am leaning towards framing it.  It is such a bright and happy little picture.
School was cancelled here today because of the icy conditions on the roads and sidewalks.  It has snowed for most of the day too.  Late this afternoon we received a call from the school district to say that school will be cancelled for tomorrow too.  I am soooo excited to have a mini holiday in the middle of the week.  No homework to do for the kids.  I think we shall take advantage of the break from school to watch a movie tonight.  Of course I will be stitching whilst watching.  Have a happy evening and stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment