Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Finish!

Howdy!  Well, I can't believe another weekend is over!  Time passes by all too quickly when you are having weekend fun.
I promised to show you my finish!  Why a Christmas stocking in May?  Well, this is what happens.  I love Christmas.  In October I get out my Christmas books and patterns and start browsing through them to find wonderful things to make for gifts and for our home.  I get so inspired by this activity and plan plenty of projects to make.  In fact, I plan so many projects that I cannot possibly hope to finish them all.  Hence the Christmas finish in May!!!  I will also admit that I have a few more Christmas WIP's to complete, so you will probably see a few more during the next few months.
I must apologize for the crummy picture.  It is 10.27 pm and of course not the best time of the day to take photo's.  The stocking is needle punched.  I love needle punch.  I quilted up to the stocking with free motion quilting.  It is a cute, easy little project and a good one to make for gifts.  I found the pattern to this stocking in a Christmas "Create and Decorate" magazine.  I lengthened the pile on the stocking cuff to make it more dimensional.
I hope you have a wonderful week, and thank you for stopping by for a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment