Wednesday, November 18, 2015

A Bit of this and a Bit of That!

I am working on so many things at the moment!  I have added a few more flowers to the batik Pop of Color quilt.  I so enjoy adding a flower when I have a few spare moments.  I have hung the quilt and just take it down to take up to the sewing room for adding a flower or two.  
I am making an scrappy hexagon afghan with left over bits of yarn.  They are all the same weight so the scraps work well.  I am also getting to use up those tiny balls of leftovers at the end of a skein of yarn.
I am currently doing an "Attic 24"  Cal.  It is a courthouse steps style block and is crocheted.  Instead of light and dark colors, the pattern is being worked in warm and cool colors.  The right side of the block still needs one strip added to it.  I am patiently (not so much) waiting for the ball of yarn to arrive.  
A couple of months ago I started making placemats for Thanksgiving.  I got them pieced and then they took a backseat in the sewing room.  Well guess what???  Next week is Thanksgiving.  EEEEKKKK, I have gotten a move on and quilted six of them and bound five.  One more left to bind.  I also made matching mug rugs with smaller tumblers and they are quilted and are awaiting binding too.  I have been a busy girl.  Did I mention I am painting my sons bedroom because he comes home on Friday for Thanksgiving.  I may post a picture or two.  It was a yucky beige color and now is a gorgeous blue with grey undertones.  Very fresh!

5 comments:

  1. A lot of wonderful works.
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sure have been busy! I do love that quilt with the flowers! How many do you plan to add?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hexie afghan - love that you can finish up all those yarn bits. Very pretty placemats - I'm sure the family will adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this your knitting pattern blocks. They looks so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pop of Color quilt is really coming along. The flowers look amazing and they really jump off the quilt!

    ReplyDelete