Wednesday, April 13, 2016

What am I Up To?

I had the dreaded flu last week and it knocked the socks off me.  I am only now feeling back to normal.  I have been stitching though and am getting work done on a few projects.   I have been making blocks from a Missouri Star Quilt Company Block Magazine pattern called Prairie Flower.  Love these cheerful big blocks.  They measure 14".  I used Little House on the Prairie fabric line for this quilt and I am really liking it.  Today I laid the blocks out and got busy putting on the sashing strips and making the cornerstone strips.  They are all attached now and I have two rows left to stitch before putting on the borders.  I just love how fresh this quilt looks.  

This quilt looks like a Swiss quilt and is called Postage Plus from the second to last issue of APQ Magazine.  Those pluses pop in the Moda Bella Solid Betty's Red.  I really like making postage squares - 1" .  I think this is going to be a charming quilt when it is done.

I have also finished another two doilies for the wedding.  This is number 7, which is a big one.

Here is number six!  I now have three left to make and the wedding is two months away.  Go me!  I am the kind of person who has to have a rock on my back to get a deadline done.  Not this time.  There will be no crocheting on the flight to the wedding.

3 comments:

  1. oh I'm so sorry you've been sick. the quilts are so beautiful! and those doilies! WOW! I have always wished I could crochet gorgeous doilies like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better, but despite being sick you've been busy. The Prairie Flower is super cute and fresh. Then your Postage Plus is bright and so unexpected. Love the modern take. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Chantal,
    hope you are feeling better. Lovely progress on your projects.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete