Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Few Chickens!!!

 The new McCall's magazine, America Quilts for the Home, has the cutest pattern in it, entitled Big Boy!!!  I love chickens, so I decided to make the quilt!
 It is going to be a wall hanging so I am using fusible web on the pieces to be appliqued.  I don't mind the stiffness when it is a wall hanging.  I am going to blanket stitch the pieces onto the background fabric, using my machine.
 The pattern has the best instructions for the "window" blocks.  It is the first time I have made a block like this and it was so easy with the clear instructions.
Aren't the hens a hoot?  Big Boy is very cute himself!!!  I go to work tomorrow so Big Boy will be on the back burner for a couple of days again!!!  I can't wait to get this quilt up on the wall.  It is just so cheerful looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment