Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Old Memories and New Memories

 Long ago, when I was a little girl, my great grandmother and great grandfather collaborated on a gift for me.  Pa made me a dolls cot and Ma made a dolls quilt and bedding for the bed.  It was a beautiful gift and I can still picture the little cot in minds eye.  We grew up and stopped playing with toys.  My Mom gave our toys to charity so other children might enjoy them.  It was all fine until I became an adult and developed an appreciation for things made by others.  I so would have kept that bed and quilt if I had any sense back then.  Well, not all is lost.  My second son was looking for something to do a few weeks ago.  He is on summer vacation.  I asked him if he would mind making me a replacement dolls bed.  I would like to show off some of my dolls quilts using the little bed.  Well he did a wonderful job and I am so glad with the little bed.  He even wood burnt a design onto the sides and headboard.  I am so grateful to have the opportunity to own a dolls bed with a lot of meaning attached to it.  I will treasure it, and maybe return it to him should he have a daughter in the future!  Thank you sweet son!!
Here is a picture of the progress I am making with the little quilt that is to go on the dolls bed.  I will be sure to post a picture of the finished article.  I also bought some sponge yesterday to make a mattress for the bed.  I think it will look so cute when done.
Until next time, stay happy and healthy and thank you for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment