Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Progress on the Hexagon Quilt!

 Hello!  It has been weeks since I last posted anything!  It has been a busy summer so far.  I have been working at my job, we travelled to San Antonio for a couple of days, been sewing for a block swap due this weekend, sent my eldest back to college for his last year!!!  No wonder I have not been around.
 It has been unbelievably hot and dry here in Texas.  We are breaking record temperatures this week with the forecast predicting (and achieving) temperatures of 108 F for the next few days.  Hence the progress on my diamond hexagon quilt!!!  It is too hot for mad dogs and Englishmen to be outside.  The swimming pool is like a hot bath.  So I stay indoors and stitch.  It is also shark week on TV here, so I watch some of that while I sew.
 I am predominantly using Kaffe Fassett's fabrics for this quilt.  I am not sticking to the rule though.  I have found a few other fabrics which have been wonderful alongside the Kaffe's.
 I have 15 diamonds completed with the 16th well on its way to being finished.  I can lay the diamonds out now and see a quilt starting to form.
 I just love the bright colors of these fabrics.  It certainly is going to be a very happy quilt.
Yesterday I received the latest edition of Quiltmaker in the mail.  It is the September/ October edition and has the pattern for a stunning hexagon quilt on pages 46 -48.  I might just have to make that one too.
Hope you are having a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment