Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Foundation Paper Pieced Birdhouses!

 I have many large projects on the go and sometimes it is REALLY good to make something small.  Something small enough to complete in a couple of days.
 These little birdhouses seemed like the perfect choice.  I used 30's reproduction fabric SCRAPS! Yes that is correct.  I did not have to buy a thing for this quilt.
 The little blocks are two inches finished!  Can you say CUTE!!!!
Some more thirties fabrics for the inner and outer border.
The original pattern had little black circles appliquéd onto the front of the birdhouse.  I have a substantial button stash and I thought they would add to the sweetness of the thirties fabrics.
 Look what I found in the button stash!!  The perfect little bird button!
I quilted the blocks in the ditch and meandered around the borders.  Just too cute.  Now to go and find a place to hang this little treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Your bird houses are adorable and I love the fabrics you used!!!!

    ReplyDelete