Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Composition Notebook Cover!

I subscribe to a gorgeous magazine called "Primitive Quilts and Projects".  The summer 2012 edition has a pattern in it for a composition book cover.  Now I loooove composition books.  I keep a Journal and use composition books for that purpose.  It is not a dear diary today I am  feeling ... kind of journal.  It is more a record of the day to day activities and happenings of our family.  Anyhow, I digress!
I made this cover for my daughter.  We went to the Plano Quilt Show a few weeks ago and my daughter fell in love with this piece of background fabric, so I decided to use it on her book cover.  The appliqués are done in wool felt and regular quilters cotton.  There is a little bit of embroidery too.

 This was really a fun project to make.  I used the same fabric for the binding as I did for the bird's wings!  I think it is responsible for a bit of POP and fun!!!
Now to get started on mine!!!  Can't wait for that cover!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment