Sunday, June 30, 2013

Patriotic Hexagon Table Centerpiece

You all know just how much I love English Paper Piecing!  Well I have been making seasonal center pieces for my table from the same pattern.  It is a quick make and just the right size - not intrusive on the table.  
 I started this project on Friday night.  I just love the fabric with the soldier and the flag!  Used nine soldiers in the centerpiece.  My boys attend The Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina and it so reminds me of their uniforms.
Here it is finished and on the table!  I love my little patriotic vignette!
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I made a fall hexagon table mat last year in a similar way. Now I am really thinking I need to start a pretty patriotic one. Thanks for sharing. May you have a Happy 4th of July! ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested to see how you finished the edges - did you do a "pillowcase/envelope" finish (I've seen so many names for the technique).

    ReplyDelete