Sunday, September 22, 2013

English Paper Piecing Christmas Quilt

I was teaching a class yesterday when a lady from a neighboring town came into the store.  She was talking about their quilt guild and a raffle quilt using 6 pointed diamonds (2").  She said she was working on a similar quilt using Christmas fabric.  Well it got me thinking about all the Christmas fabric I have.  I've been collecting it for years.  I could hide under all the Christmas Fabric I own.  Some is old and crunchy (before I knew about quilting quality fabric).  I have decided to make a  similar quilt using some strips from all those fabrics I have.  The template fits onto a jelly roll strip, so I have been cutting 2.5" strips.  This is what I have so far....
Some fussy cut diamonds.

So bright and cheerful.




All four that I have been working on!

3 comments: