Thursday, October 16, 2014

Quiltmania Quilt Progress!

I have been sewing like a crazy woman!  My previous post showed the quilt I wanted to make from the latest Quiltmania Magazine (103).  I used my STASH for the entire quilt.  I have not bought a single piece of fabric for this quilt!  I have been stitching squares for a week!  One hundred squares per block and thirty blocks in all.
 It is as lovely as I hoped it would be.
I am in the process of putting on the borders.  I am finished with the pieced border and just have the outer border to attach and then the top is finished.  I had so much fun making the top.  I LOVE small pieces of fabric.  
I have another Quiltmania quilt on the go from several years back.  I am using some of the leftover fabric to cut more 1/2" hexagons for this project.  I will post my finished top tomorrow!  Thank you for stopping by and have a lovely day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow - so beautiful! It caught my eye in the magazine too and I even tagged it as one for later on...you have made it up so nicely from your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my Chantal! that is AMAZING! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! what a lot of sewing goes into this kind of quilt - great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Chantall,
    this is gorgeous, wonderful colors and setting. You have been truly busy sewing. What fun that must have been. I love your top and look forward to your next post.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I can't wait until I get my copy of this issue of QuiltMania. I love your colour choices! Your little hexie is so cute and I am eager to see the quilt for which it is destined!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hardly believe it is already finished! You are amazingly fast on the sewing machine. And such beautiful work too. It is a lovely quilt. All from your stash! Awesome! Can't wait to see the hexies quilt. Great work.

    ReplyDelete