After a week of furiously quilting away on a 13 year old UFO, I finally have it finished.
I started this quilt so many years ago. I made scrappy nine patches out of all the red fabric I had. I chose to sash in black which really makes it pop.
I tried a new (for me) binding method with a flange for the first time and I have to say I love it and will certainly be using it again in the future. It is so easy to do. Just requires sewing two strips of fabric together along the length of the binding. The main fabric is cut at 1.5" and the flange at 1.3/4". Yes, that is correct, the flange fabric is wider than the main fabric. Press the seam to the main fabric and then press the binding in half. Attach to the back of the quilt and then flip to the front and stitch it down in the ditch. It definitely added a little something special to the quilt.
I am so pleased with how it turned out and so happy to be able to cross this one off the list. I ran outside to get a few pictures before the snow arrives again today. We had about a foot of snow on Friday and we are expecting more today. I plan to stay warm indoors and head on up to the sewing room to pick my next top to quilt.