Saturday, January 30, 2016

Little Hearts!

I went to a quilt show in Manchester in November last year.  I purchased a couple of little kits which I thought were so darling.  Not wanting to get them lost in a pile or a box, I thought it would be good to tackle the little heart project as it is almost February.  The Quilt is made from a mini charm or Moda candy.  20 light fabrics for the hearts and 20 darks for the background.  I ironed the hearts to fusible web and machine blanket stitched around the hearts.  
They are so pretty!  I have to apologize about the orientation of the photo's.  I could not find where to rotate them.  
Here is a picture of the quilt oriented the right way!  It is just darling and I love the colors they put in the kit.  I believe it to be a Barbara Brackman line of fabric.
A few evenings ago we had the most beautiful sunset.  That little orange cloud in the center was VERY orange in reality.  It looked like a little fire ball.  Just beautiful.  I have learned that the camera never really does it justice.  However, I will still run out there with my camera.  
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet mine. Looks a little on the prim. side. Our camera's never do God's work justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely heart quilt finish, the fabrics are just gorgeous.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Sweet Heart Quilt! Those fabrics are beautiful.
    We've been having good sunsets too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearts are definitely to be stitched in February. I really like how you made the backgrounds dark, reminds me of chocolates, and the hearts lighter, the creamy centers. It's a Sweet Valentine quilt.

    ReplyDelete