Friday, February 17, 2017

Hexagons!

I started making this quilt and teaching it at my then LQS when The New Hexagon book by Katja Marek was published.  I then moved to another state and the project ground to a halt before I finished it.  One of my friends took over teaching the class for me and then I found out her project had stalled too.

We decided to motivate one another by challenging each other to make one hexagon every two weeks.  

Magic happens when you are accountable to somebody for progress reports!  

I daresay we are having fun and exceeding our one hexie per two week production schedule.  In fact, we are cruising along and have made good progress.

These are just a few of my recent makes and I am in love with the project again.

I am linking up with Sarah at http://sarahdidit.blogspot.com
She hosts Help for Hexie-aholics.  Check out her lovely hexie project.
Happy Sewing.

Love
Chantal

5 comments:

  1. You've made fantastic progress. The designs you've created with the fabrics are brillant and fun. It's a wonderful surprise what patterns you can make. Of course, the fabric gets rather holey, but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the lovely progress. I have to admit that my hexie project is staled too. Too many pots on the stove at the moment. I thought Jacqui was lovely then I loved Sharon but to me, Marjorie is the winner. Gorgeous. I am happy you picked up this project again because I sure love seeing your blocks. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your progress and am so thankful for you motivating me! I need to do a blog post on my progress too. so much fun to fall back in love with our stalled hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE all your fussy cut fabrics!! Do you have a lot more to make? I guess it doesn't much matter as you seem to be cruising right along with the help of your friend.

    ReplyDelete