Monday, February 27, 2017

Temperature Afghan!

On the 6th of July I started crocheting this temperature afghan.  I finished it yesterday.

I made a scale of yarn from warmer colors to cooler colors.  I am also making a temperature afghan for my two married kids.  So this equates to 3 hexagons per day from 6th of July until now.  Yes, it was a lot of work.  I had to be so good with keeping record of the temperatures.  I am so impressed with myself that I did not get miles behind on this project.  

O lovely hexies!

I had a bit of help last night doing the final round of the border.  Somebody came to lie on my afghan, on my lap!   That put a bit of a spoke in the progress works.  But isn't he adorable?  

I am so thrilled with this afghan and will post pictures of the other two as I finish them.  That should happen this week!  Oh, I forgot to mention that my afghan measured temperatures in Chester, New Hampshire!  Just in case you were wondering.  
Have a lovely day.

Love
Chantal

5 comments:

  1. wow - your afghan is wonderful! I grew up cuddled under them with cats. isn't this New England weather crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's fantastic! I've never seen one done with hexies. so cool! I think about doing one but was thinking rows. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation Chantal on this lovely finish AND on keeping on top of these hexi projects. WOW! Three! You rock!! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be very proud of this project. What a contemporary look just based on temperatures. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your afghan. I had great intentions of making a hexie version but couldn't decide on fabrics. Some day! I would be super fun to have several people across the US make something with the same yarn or fabric or ?? and then compare at the end.

    ReplyDelete