Thursday, October 26, 2017

This And That!

I finished a project that I started in the summer.   This delightful pattern is one of the 5 Fat Quarter patterns published by Jedicraftgirl and Gigisthimble this year.  I loved the patriotic pineapples and simply had to make one.  I made a table runner using the same pattern.  

I finish a top, make the binding and get the backing sorted out and then I hang it on a hanger in the "to be quilted" pile.  Sometimes this leads to quilt tops not being quilted for ages.  I really wanted to get this one quilted as I had the perfect place to hang it.  So, it jumped ahead in the queue!  

My dear friend Joy and I attended Stitchfest Tx this July.  We give each other a gift every day of the retreat.  This sweet kit is one of my lovely gifts and I felt like a quick project one afternoon and decided this would be perfect.  Isn't it sweet?

Sarah over at Sarah Did It! is hosting a temperature afghan sew along.  I am still playing catch up because I was late to the party, but here is my end of August block.

I write the date and the average temperature for the week on the stem.  

Meanwhile, fall is sort of happening outside.  These Maples border our property and are dressed in their fall finest.  So pretty.

I have a lily which seems to be a bit confused about the seasons.  I'll take it though as there are not too many flowers around at the moment.  

I hope you are all having a wonderful week and getting some sewing done.  

Love
Chantal

10 comments:

  1. I can't believe you still have lilies!! Great colors in your hexie flower - your quilt is going to be gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful project. Love the background of your hexie flower. You're so lucky to have lilies right now. 103 102 102 101 98 97 94

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why your patriotic pineapples jumped ahead in the queue. It's a delightful pattern and I like it done in the red, white and blues. Well, if I was doing a temperature flower today it would include snow and about 20°. No flowers blooming today, at least outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why your patriotic pineapples jumped to the head of the queue. It's a delightful pattern and I like it done in the red, white and blues. If I were doing a temperature quilt block today it have to include snow and about 20°. No flowers blooming today, at least outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of warm colours in your week of this and that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun patriotic quilt - its just wonderful and looks great hanging.
    Cute hexie flower and beautiful fall colors especially the lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to add a stem and leaves to your temperature hexie and record the date!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made the cute pineapples, too, when I first saw it! Love it! It just needs binding which I'll get done sometime this winter. One of the cutest projects ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All very pretty projects. I like the temperature hexie idea !

    ReplyDelete
  10. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete