Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Queen Size Finish!

My son moved to an apartment to start his working career down in Charleston.  Furniture was procured and a queen size bed arrived.  Of course Momma was comissioned to make a quilt for said bed!

The boy loves anything patriotic so I made a flag quilt with pinwheels as setting squares.

Of course it got quilted within an inch of it's life.  I free motion quilted it on my domestic sewing machine.  

I had so much fun coming up with designs for the red stripes in the flags.  All the white stripes got the same figure eight treatment.  Loopy meander in the sashing.

I hope you can see some of the quilting in the red stripes.

I made two matching pillowcases for the bed.  Cuff = border fabric, accent fabric = binding and the main body of the pillowcase is the same as the sashing strips.

I had so much fun doing this quilt.  It arrives at my sons place on Saturday and I can't wait to see how it looks on his bed.  
Thank you for stopping by to visit.  

Love
Chantal

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Chantal! It's gorgeous! That's a big quilt to quilt on a domestic machine. You must be one strong woman to wrestle such a quilt on a domestic machine. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing quilt. Your quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew...i hope it arrived safely yesterday!! Does he love it? Love your different FMQ designs in the flag stripes. Great way to practice and play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous young man's quilt design. The quilting texture is wonderful and looks very cuddly.
    Hooray for red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By now your son will have his quilt - I bet he loves it, it's gorgeous - and the quilting looks great as well :-)

    ReplyDelete