Friday, February 8, 2019

A Bit of This and a Bit of That

I thought I would start with something current.  MSQC has a tutorial for a woven heart block.  I decided I needed to try it out.  You can see two fabrics in the top left and top right of the heart and then they are woven together to get the "3rd" fabric in the bottom.  So fun to make.  Let me tell you how hard I was concentrating to get the woven ends matching up exactly before putting the iron on them.  So hard that I did not notice the entire heart was placed askew on the background square.  I only noticed it when I was finished quilting it.  What to do?  I decided to embroider some words and add a few buttons to distract the viewer from the skew heart.  I think it worked!  Sort of!



I have been working hard at my Bonnie Hunter Quilt top and finally finished it this week.  I found the borders to be a bit of a chew.  Four borders!  16 sections to piece and stitch onto the mothership!  The border is really pretty and was totally worth forging ahead and getting it done.  

I love how beautifully the corners turned out!  I am looking forward to getting this top quilted.
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland!!! You know I think your projects are beautiful and I'm glad you made the heart because I still haven't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hello stranger! So good to have you back in Blogland! Beautiful little heart. Only quilters will notice it is a bit askew because we know what 1/8 of an inch looks like. Therefore, don't sweat it. Love your Good Fortune. I don't know yet if I will make all four borders. But I sure do love yours. Great awesome job! Congratulations on finishing the top. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Good Fortune looks terrific. The borders might be complex and time-consuming to make, but they really make the quilt special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful! I'm laughing at your skewed heart as I'm
    "that girl" who would skew mine on purpose. So nice to hear from you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Valentine! At my house we'd call that a Danish Heart.
    Wow that corner did turn out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute heart! The the imperfect is also charming, and I don't think many will notice. The Bonnie Hunter Quilt top is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, are you still there? Just wondering how you are. We miss you. ♥ ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs that I ordered through Dr Itua Herb store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. I love Traditional Medicine so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time and money. I was cured 3weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 5yrs but with the help of Dr. Itua herbal medicine, I was cured within three weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same man also cured my Aunt from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 18 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. This man is a herbal doctor, I assure you of cure if you drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr. Itua on email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete