Saturday, September 29, 2018

A Pumpkin "Snowman" Wall Hanging


Fall is such a lovely season to decorate for.  The long hot days of summer are cooling down and ones thoughts turn to nesting for the winter.  Making ones home cozy and comfy.  I thought a good way to do this would be to make a new fall wall hanging.  I have not made one in simply ages.  I bought Jan Patek's book "We Gather Together" last fall.  The season slipped away from me and I did not make a single one of the simply divine little quilts.  I pulled it out again this year and fell in love with this guy.

 He is hand appliquéd.  I usually do a machine blanket stitch on wall hangings.  I have to say, I am so proud of doing the appliqués by hand.
 After quilting this on my domestic machine, I riffled through my collection of fall buttons for embellishments.
 The backing is an ancient piece of fabric from my stash with corn on it.  Fitted in really well with the fall theme.
Are you working on a special new fall decoration?  Have fun with it and thank you so much for visiting.

9 comments:

  1. Too cute!! Makes me want to pull my Fall stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He’s perfect!! The buttons add the perfect touch! Can’t wait to see the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for hand applique!
    I love this charming little quilt. The buttons add such a whimsical touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun and I agree with Barb, hooray for the hand appliqueing. This little quilt will be a lovely addition to your fall decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you were smitten with this fellow - a lovely wee quilt...and yaay for the hand applique! We don't tend to decorate for the seasons here (except for Christmas!) but I see it would be a good excuse to do more crafting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs that I ordered through Dr Itua Herb store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. I love Traditional Medicine so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time and money. I was cured 3weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 5yrs but with the help of Dr. Itua herbal medicine, I was cured within three weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same man also cured my Aunt from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 18 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. This man is a herbal doctor, I assure you of cure if you drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr. Itua on email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete