Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Patchwork of the Crosses

Hello Sweet People.  Well, I have been missing from Blogland for a few weeks now.  Of course I have been looking at and reading your lovely posts.
We flew to Charleston on the 7th of May because my son was graduating from The Citadel.  I am so proud of the boy.  He graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree (biology).  He is my second son to graduate from The Citadel.  We had a wonderful few days there.  My eldest son and his wife joined us for the celebration.  We flew home with the boys and then had to rush up to OSU to fetch my daughter from college.  I have all three of the chickens home.  It is wonderful!  Hence the absence on my part from  blogging.  I have been sewing though.  I have also been gardening.  We have had the most wonderful spring here in Texas.  The weather has been beautiful.  Not too hot yet.
Look at these Hibiscus!  They are such a vivid red color.
 My black petunias are looking so lovely.  Also in the picture is a Texas Sage (the lavender plant) and a gorgeous pink geranium.
A beautiful yellow hibiscus with a red center.  If you ever wonder about color choices for quilting, just look to nature for inspiration.
 My catnip  bush is huge at the moment.  The kitties really do enjoy it.
I have been working on some more POTC blocks.  I love making these blocks.  The fussy cutting is so much fun to do.
 Do you notice my wonderful new ironing board cover?  Yes, the grungy old one got removed and I replaced it with an adhesive cover made by Bonash.  It comes with sponge to put between your board and cover.  The surface is 300% more reflective than a regular cotton cover and shortens ironing time.  I'll take that.  I have started cutting out and basting the pathway honeycombs for the blocks.  I am going to start sewing some on so that I don't have months of boring cream fabric at the end of all this excitement.  I think that is a good plan.  Thank you so much for stopping by and I promise it won't be weeks before I post again.

3 comments:

  1. Your POTC blocks are looking good! And as you probably saw, I am also adding some of the sashing as I go. I'm just amazed how much farther ahead your plants are than mine. Of course, around the block always seems to be ahead of mine. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty gardens - I've never seen a black petunia!
    pretty fussy blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful POTC blocks. Enjoy having everyone home.

    ReplyDelete