Friday, August 8, 2014

A Quilty Finish!

A few years ago I won a competition on Tara Darr's blog and won 23 sets of prepared Dresden Plates.  They were cut out and the points were stitched.  To honor the hard work and to show appreciation for the winning I really wanted to finish this quilt.  I had been stitching the Dresden Plates together off and on for a while.  I think I had about four to finish before I could start putting the quilt together.  The blocks are 20" and the sashing 3".  Corner stones are scrappy.  I used my favorite red for the circles in the Dresden Plate and the sashing.  I set four block across and five down.  This is really a nice large quilt.
 Here is the happy maker of a finished quilt.  It has been on my UFO list for a good while now and is finally done.
The quilting is an all over meandering design with a heart in it.  I got Lynn Farestadt to quilt it on her longarm for me.  She did a fine job of it.   I love the Dresden Plate design and will most likely make another one.

7 comments:

  1. love it just finished one made out of snowman fabric's for my step daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful quilt.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Quilt looks fantastic.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. great finish! You look very happy and I would too, it's a great modern dresden plate quilt. Love the zippy red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky you are to win those dresdens and what a great finish! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow a wonderful quilt
    anna from bavaria

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt! The red for the sashing and circles is perfect!

    ReplyDelete