Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Bibliophile Files (July)

You are all probably getting tired of my more of the same books!  I am enjoying them so much I seem to be working my way through the series.  44 Scotland Street is a new series (to me) from Alexander McCall Smith.  This one is about a group of people who live in the same apartment building in Edinburgh.  Very entertaining characters.  The author wrote this series to run as a column in a Newspaper in Scotland (The Scotsman I think) and it was so successful that it was put into book form.  The chapters are short and leave one wondering what will happen in the characters next appearance in the book.
 The Forgotten Affairs of Youth is another Isabel Dalhousie story.  As per usual it was really good.  I promise that next month I will have a book or two by another author.  Happy reading!!!

2 comments: