Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Bit of This and That!

We have been in our new home for a month now and are settling in very well.  I am loving living in the country.  We are unpacked and making the house a home.  We arrived in New Hampshire and it was winter.  So much has changed in a month!  Spring has sprung and the first sign of spring are these lovely daffodils.  So vibrant and yellow!
 I have been yearning to get back into the sewing room and I have managed a few small things.  This is a pattern from the Moda Candy books.  I just felt like making a small quilt.  The top is done and is waiting for me to quilt it.
I have done a few more blocks on my leader ender project.  Each block has 100 1 inch blocks in it.  I'm onto row two and I am excited to see how colorful it is.
 Some tulips from the garden!  Such a pretty color.
 A new centerpiece for the new kitchen table.  I love this pattern and have made five or six different seasonal centerpieces using this pattern which appeared a couple of years ago in a "Quilts and More" magazine.   The old kitchen table is in my sewing room and I am loving the huge workspace.  Hopefully I am back in the swing of things and will be blogging regularly again.  Take care and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are settling in. It must be so exciting to see what is coming up in the garden - bet there'll be lots of surprises! I love the leaders and enders project and the centre piece with the bees wax candle is gorgeous (you chose the perfect fabric for it)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine you may not have known where there were bulbs so how lovely to be blessed with the flowers as they've grown!
    I do SO love those inchy squares.......just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little hexie bee table mat - especially with the bees wax candle! I really ought to make some holiday mats like that. Of course, any table runners on my dining room table is promptly taken over by Zorro as his own personal lounging area. LOL.
    Maybe I can convince my hexie group to exchange something like that for our Xmas party this year.

    ReplyDelete