Friday, January 22, 2016

Valentines Hexagon Centerpiece!

A few days ago I blogged about a little bag I found with pieces in it to make a centerpiece for Valentines day!  I am happy to report that I can cross this particular UFO off the list!  It is one of my favorite centerpiece patterns (from a Quilts and More Fall Magazine from a few years ago) and I now have one for every season.  It is such a good size for our kitchen table.  
I also made some mug rugs to match.  This fabric is so fun.  I used Sue Daly's hexagon templates for the mug rugs.  They work up so easily.
I had fun quilting these.  A few got hearts quilted onto them and this one got a bit of cursive "Love" quilted into it.  I put them on the table yesterday and immediately enjoyed a cup of tea using one of the mug rugs.  Works like a champ!  

3 comments:

  1. so pretty and festive! good for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mug rugs! And such a lovely centrepiece from the bag of hexis too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely "table set" you have made. I think I'll make a few of these as gifts. Love the quilting. Super!

    ReplyDelete