Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Seaside Fun!

My Niece and her husband spent three days with us over the weekend.  They are from Australia.  We took them to visit Nubble lighthouse in Maine yesterday.  It is about an hour from where we live in New Hampshire.

The day was beautiful if a bit windy.  Warm and sunny.  This is the ice-cream shop and restaurant.  We had to have some ice-cream.  The maple walnut was delicious.  

There is a gift shop!  Oh how I love gift shops.  Sitting outside the gift shop was a gentleman selling prints of the paintings he has done of Nubble Lighthouse.  He personalizes your print for you by adding a name onto the boat in the picture.  When my husband was young he and his dad had a little sailing boat.  I thought it would be lovely to put the name onto the little boat in the picture.  Such a lovely touch.  What a charming gentleman too.  I am thrilled with my purchase.  

We had a lovely outing and it was great to see the ocean.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful setting. I didn't realize you lived in NH. It's a beautiful part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a beautiful place to visit. The personalised painting is a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete