Sunday, September 17, 2017

Little Baskets!

I started a basket project many years ago.  I think it was my first applique project.  Of course it ended up in the UFO pile.  Well, I am happy to announce it came out to play and has had a major growth spurt. 

After making many baskets, I thought I would lay them out to see how big it was getting.  Hmmm, halfway done.  Still loving the appliquéing of these baskets I carried on churning them out.

Yup, still growing.  I think I have around 20 baskets left to make.  Totally doable.  I am thinking of putting a border down two sides for some vine and flower appliqué.  Still to be determined though.  I am so happy that this project has come out of hiding.  I am enjoying it like a new project.  

I had to get a picture of this little guy.  He is as big as my thumb nail and very camera shy!  Lol.  So cute though.

Have a happy week and thank you for stopping by to visit.  

Love
Chantal

4 comments:

  1. Sew nice to see progress on your baskets. Now that the project has aged properly, those last 20 baskets will fly by. Vined borders will be a fantastic addition for a little more eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad those little baskets came out to play again. They're as cute as that tiny little frog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great little project to pull out again - your baskets are looking really cute - I do like the idea of an appliqued border - will be interesting to see what you decide to do. That seems like a very tiny frog - have you seen him again or has he disappeared? He looks quite at home sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet little basket blocks. and cute little frog too!

    ReplyDelete