Friday, September 14, 2018

A Big Secret Sewing Project

There has been blog posting silence from my neck of the woods because I have been working on a very secret project!  My four kids and their spouses and my grand baby came home to spend Labour Day with us.  We had a week long reunion and it was the best of times.  I had decided to make each child a picnic quilt.


 I had been sewing for weeks.  I used Patriotic Picnic and the tutorial by MSQC!
 I added a different inner border and binding color for each quilt.  There are three various shades of blue and one yellow one.


 I did an overall meander inside the inner border, a figure eight within the inner border, and a meander with stars in the outer border.  Each quilt measures 56" x 56"
I am happy to report that the kids loved them.  Only a quilter would add a plastic tarpaulin to go underneath the quilt to save it from damp and mud stains!  Now I just have my own picnic quilt to quilt.  That makes a total of five of these quilts.  They were a joy to make for sure and an enormous pleasure to gift to my kiddos.

Thank you for stopping by to visit.

4 comments:

  1. What awesome gifts for your kids and a lovely labor day family reunion. Yes, it's time for you to make one for yourself. Great summer colors and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous family project! I'm sure they loved them. Really fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad the kids loved the quilts - you worked hard on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs that I ordered through Dr Itua Herb store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. I love Traditional Medicine so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time and money. I was cured 3weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 5yrs but with the help of Dr. Itua herbal medicine, I was cured within three weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same man also cured my Aunt from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 18 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. This man is a herbal doctor, I assure you of cure if you drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr. Itua on email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete