Friday, February 4, 2011

Hi from a snowy Texas

 Wow, what a week it has been!!!  This has been has a huge weather event, even for Texas.  School has been out here since Tuesday.  We have had really dangerous icy road conditions the whole week.  Last night we went to bed expecting to wake up to a little bit of snow.  Well, six inches by this morning is pretty decent for us.  Of course school is out today again.  I have to say that I am so enjoying having my kids at home.  I am truly grateful to have them safely at home in a warm house.  We have had a good time catching up on movies and good conversation - not to mention plenty of stitching.  The top picture is of Kronk (unfortunately I let my kids name him) sitting in a chair close to the fire.  He has claimed that chair for himself and has been in it for about three days solid with the temperatures in the teens.  If you want to find a comfortable place in your house, hunt down the cat because he will have found it.
 This picture is of our backyard.  Look at all that snow!!! (People from up north, don't laugh)
Our cul-de-sac looks like a winter wonder land.  I need to get out there and take some more photo's.
Wishing that all of you remain safe and warm.  Make the best of a bad situation by catching up on all your sewing and loving on your family if they are at home snowbound!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment