Thursday, February 24, 2011

Delicious Homemade Health Bread!

 Hello!  Hope you have been having a good day!  I decided to try my hand at some homemade bread.  I planned to make split pea soup for dinner and wanted a yummy bread to go with that.  So, I took out my recipe book and found a recipe for Health Bread that my mom-in-law gave to me many years ago.  I had never tried it before.  I bought all the ingredients, mixed it up (a surprisingly quick process for bread) and put it in the oven to bake for an hour.  It turned out so well and is delicious.  I thought I would post the recipe because it is so easy to make.
500ml Whole Wheat flour
10ml Soda Bicarbonate
1ml Salt
1 handful of sunflower seeds, raisins and or sultanas

Mix all the above ingredients very well.  Add 500ml low fat plain yoghurt and 20 to 30 ml honey.
Mix very well.
Pour into a loaf pan and bake for one hour at 350F.

I don't like recipes with directions that go "a handful of this" or "a pinch of that".  However I thought nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I just put in as much as I thought I would like in the bread and it turned out great.
 While the bread was baking, I did some stitching on my basket blocks.  I had a little helper.  You can see him selecting some thread for me to use.
Next, he decided to guard my sewing bag for me.  I don't know what I would do without Mr Cat's help!!!
Oh, the split pea soup was delicious too.  All in all, a good dinner.

1 comment: