Thursday, January 9, 2014

First Finishes of 2014

Well January is off to a fine start with a few finishes under the belt.  I had started a table runner in December for Christmas but I never got it finished.  Yesterday was a miserable day - rainy and cold - so I decided to get out the table runner and finish it.  It only had to be quilted.  I have also done some knitting.  I finished some dish cloths.  I love making them because they are so quick and easy as well as useful.
My son graduates from college this year.  In anticipation of a potential moving out of the home, I bought him a crock pot in a sale at a local store.  I had a few crock pot recipe books and I thought a couple of kitchen rags would be a good thing to add to the pile.  
Here is my completed table runner.  I am happy with the way it turned out.  
This kitchen cloth is for a swap at my local quilt store on Saturday.  We are making valentine themed zipper pouches and I made this cloth to go inside the pouch with some yummy candy.

1 comment:

  1. Your runner is gorgeous Chantal. Nice to start the new year with some nice finishes.

    ReplyDelete