Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Finish - Christmas Twilling Project!

These cute little baubles inspired this next project.  I love sewing small things onto Christmas quilts.  Twilling lends itself to beading as you go.  
 So the next step was to draw a pattern.  Believe me there are not too many patterns out there in the marketplace for twilling.  Made a simple Christmas tree design and started twilling.  Of course I ran out of said little ornaments and had to go hightailing it to the craft store for more.
 Here is a really bad picture of progress.  I guess I must have taken it at night, on my phone.
Embroidery done, trimmed down and borders applied.  I did a simple nine patch on the corners to add some interest.
 Here the quilt is sandwiched and basted, ready to start the quilting process.
 Found a cute fabric from my stash to bind it with.
Ta Da!!  Done!  Off to perform the VERY SATISFYING deed of crossing this project off the list of UFO's!
Hope you are having a wonderful day and that you are getting some stitching time in!!!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute girl! I am jealous that yours is finished. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete