Saturday, September 22, 2012

Little Tumbler Blocks!!

 Have I ever told you how much I love little pieces of scrap fabric?  To me it is not rubbish waiting to be thrown out, but a small, wonderful piece of possibility.  Also remember, your scraps cost the same as your stash.  With that said, I am always looking for ways to turn those scraps into something wonderful and useful.
 My darling daughter gave me "Quilt Savvy" for my birthday a few years ago.  What I love about this book is that the patterns lend themselves to scrap quilts.  Enter, all those little beauties that I stash away.
 I loved the look of this wonderful scrappy tumbler quilt.  The little thimble is tiny and that suits me well too.  I love tiny!!!!  (It's a mental condition which creates a lot of work for oneself!  Ha Ha) Anyway, I have been cutting tumblers and slowly working on this quilt - on and (more) off - for about three years now.  I recently pulled it out and have added quiet a few rows to it.
I trace the tumblers onto little scrap pieces of fabric and then stack them up to cut out when my son skypes us from college.  This way we can settle into a good chat and my hands are busy too!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you are crazy...about little things! Hee2
    Your tiny tumbler quilt is absolutely adorable! You are making great strides on it! Love it!
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  2. your tumbler is terrific! Your colors look great together.
    Pat came to our guild a couple of the years ago and had great scrap quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scraps of fabric too, not waste to me either. I would love to make a tiny tumbler quilt!

    ReplyDelete