Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Wall Hanging Finish!

I really like making big quilts and afghans!  I love making wall hangings too because they are quick makes.  I can also quilt them happily without wrestling the gator under my machine.  I have just finished a Little Bites by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. pattern called Grain!  I like how the patches were put on point and I really like the pieced border.  The light outside today is so pretty so I took the quilt out and laid it on my sons chopping block.
 I had so much fun quilting this project.  I am trying to expand my repertoir of quilting patterns for Free Motion Quilting.
 I have nailed pebbles and really want to try feathers.  I am sure that is going to take a whole heap of practice.
 I like dense quilting and always tend to FMQ densely.  In fact, I struggle to do huge quilt designs.  I have tried but somehow they always turn out rather densely.  I love the binding fabric.  Looks like bark!
It is still very much summer here in Texas although we had a teaser last weekend with temperatures in the 60's and 70's for a few days.  It was heavenly.   My hibiscus are enjoying the 90's (as opposed to the  100's).  Still a bit hot for me though.  I hope you are enjoying the last days of summer!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chantal, this is a lovely finish and your quilting rocks! The colours are gorgeous - the grey was a great background choice. We are starting into spring and having some lovely warm days (but a little too much rain!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chantal - the quilting looks fabulous on the grey ground! I agree with you about quilting wall hangings vs quilts....so much easier! Feathers are not as difficult as you might think and judging by the quilting that you've already done you'll master the feather in no time flat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quilting and I really like that muddy background fabric - sets the other colors off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete